Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Spring Cleaning

It's long past time to have my machine in for maintenance.  I bought it in August last year, and I haven't had it in since.  I'm taking it tomorrow so the guys will pick it up on Thursday from the dealer and hopefully bring it back in a week (I hope it's only a week).  So tonight I did a little spring cleaning in my room.  I started organizing a week ago and hadn't really finished, and so, it was a mess.  I still have a couple of things that are missing, but that could mean they've been stolen by the little leprechauns.  Anyway, here are a few pictures of my room. 

 My room isn't perfectly square, there's a little angled wall on one side, which allows me to watch the kids when they're playing in the yard.  Seth put in my cabinets for me and stained them.  We pulled up the carpet that was in the room and put down laminate tiles.  They look pretty good for being an inexpensive fix.  I really didn't want carpet because I didn't want all the thread getting caught up in it.  It was Seth's idea to cut the rug to fit around the cabinets.  Partly to keep my chair from rolling away, and partly to cover one bad spot in the floor.  The rug works really well to catch the thread and since it's an industrial grade it vacuums really well.





He also hung my thread racks on the closet door for me, which works really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment